Are you looking to expand your technical expertise via paid training and on-the-job experience, feeling like your career options at your current job are limited? If so, Tower 23 IT, one of the top Managed Service Providers in Arizona and Southern California with offices in Tucson, Phoenix and San Diego would like to meet you.
Clients turn to us to support their IT because of our Expertise, Solutions and Results.
We are currently recruiting for a Systems Administrator position in the Tucson market and require 5 years job related IT experience. This person should enjoy supporting multiple environments and is comfortable facing new challenges. Your time will be split between visiting businesses in the Tucson area and providing remote support. You will be responsible for ensuring all sites are using IT best practices, and that availability, performance, and security adhere to our high standards.
You must be able talk with all levels of the business, putting customer satisfaction as a high priority while providing excellent technical solutions to meet business needs. Must be able to manage projects for upgrading servers, workstations, and networking equipment, along with performing all technical work.
Preference is given to non-smoking candidates with previous industry experience in managed IT services.
We offer a path for promotion through our paid training and certification programs and benefits including medical, dental, long-term disability, PTO, 401K with match, paid holidays, and cell phone reimbursement after 90 days. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
This position will manage the network and server infrastructure of managed services customers. The System Administrator is the primary contact for the customer and insures that service delivery aligns with company standards. This individual will have an in-depth knowledge of the customer with the desired goal of reducing the amount of reactive support required for the client. Customer satisfaction and low tickets per end point is a primary objective of the System Administrator accomplished through the deployment and adherence to corporate Best Practices. The Team Leader will be a mentor and first point of escalation for the other Systems Admins.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the assigned duties according to the acceptable standards established for the job role. The Systems Admin must be able to complete each essential job function satisfactorily.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and maintain knowledge of client networks
o Network diagram
o Hardware and software inventories
o Updating configuration records in ConnectWise PSA and IT Glue
o Basic understanding of Line of Business (LOB) applications and associated vendors
• Perform regular onsite services
o Check server/network health
o Monitor tools/application health
o Check logs & maintains backups
o Perform restoration tests
o Provide technical support & user issues
o Develop relationship with client
o Simple implementation of new technology
o Onsite proactive services
• Implement the T23IT "Company Way"
o Implements & helps define best practices
o Administration checklist
o Verification of remote services
o Develops best practices spreadsheet
o Works with vCIO to assess and minimize business risk
o Evaluate and recommend new software, hardware, or upgrades
• Insures client satisfaction
o Is technology functioning properly?
o Coordinates with vCIO to implement technology to meet business goals
• Perform any other tasks assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Communication, Oral - Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
• Problem Solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; resolves problems in early stages; works well in group solving situations.
• Business Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Team Builder - Balances team and individual responsibilities; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; resolves problems in early stages; works well in group problem solving situations.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Experience: 5 plus years of experience in network / IT systems and troubleshooting steps.
Computer Skills: Extensive proficiency with information technology regarding both hardware and software. In depth knowledge of Microsoft server and desktop operating systems, specifically Server 2012, 2016, Azure, Office 365 and Windows 10.
Certifications: Microsoft Server and Workstation; Sophos
Your application was submitted successfully.